Active Directory System Engineers support our Enterprise-class infrastructure in the RCC-SWA. RCC-SWA engineers provide optimization, administration, and technical documentation of all enterprise infrastructure systems.
Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation of support issues. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Windows file services architecture creation and management, system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES : 1. Produce enterprise-level support for Active Directory and Windows File Services for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment. Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in the resolution of escalated issues and complex production, application or system problems.
2. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
3. Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third-party software utilities for hardware systems within operational guidelines.
4. Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
5. Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
6. Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment7. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions8.
Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure9. Experience with a customer service oriented company10.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills11. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment12.
Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously WORKING ENVIRONMENT : 1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : Education : Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-year bachelor's degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
Experience : Minimum of four years of experience in administrative, technical work, which demonstrated the ability and aptitudes, required to perform technical, managerial, or analytical work and coordination involving management information systems.
Platforms including a combination of the following : Microsoft, Networking services for Directory, DNS, DHCP for devices and users in a worldwide WAN.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows : IAT Level : IAT IIIBaseline :
Information TechnologyClearance Level required at Start Date : Secret
Full-timeWe are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual.
This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.