This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Have a general knowledge of small arms and crew serve weapon systems.Procedures include storing, issuing and maintaining or establishing accountability of organizational small arms and sensitive items including preserving security and administration of a consolidated arms room, unit maintenance of small arms and physical security for small arms and sensitive items of equipment.
Responsible for receiving, logging, inventory, controlling, and distribution of sensitive items. The Small Arms Custodian is primarily responsibilities is the safe guard of weapons and weapon systems.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
99. Performs the full range of work involved in the storage, issue, receipt and security of weapons and sensitive items within the arms room
99. Maintain 100% inventory of all assigned weapons and associated equipment ensuring all sensitive items are properly accounted for at all times.
99. Ensures that all sensitive items to include ammunition located within the armory are properly secured
99. Inventory of all weapons systems assigned to the Consolidated Arms Room Facility at the beginning of each shift rotation
99. Ensures the day to day operation of the ASG-KU, ARCENT and all tenant units personnel weapons maintenance are conducted in accordance with all pertaining Army Regulations and Procedures.
99. Issues and receives weapons from all tenant unit personnel having authorization to store weapons in the Consolidated Arms Room storage facility.
99. Maintains the administrative shop’s filing system in accordance with the ARIMS standards.
99. As an additional duty appointment, will maintain the Master Authorization List (MAL) as directed.
99. Performs other duties as assigned while adhering to the pertinent Army regulations and report any observed violations of the operations to the Small Arms Custodian Lead and / or the Weapons / Armament Supervisor.
99. Participate in the upkeep and necessary maintenance of the facility to include housekeeping.
99. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
floor dolly’s, general tools
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Work is generally conducted in-doors but can also be done out-doors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
May be exposed to oil, grease, and solvents. May frequently be exposed to the possibility of minor cuts and bruises. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas.
Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
99. Must be able to walk and stand on level and / or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
99. Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow / knee and reach above / below shoulders.
99. May be required to carry, push, or pull up to and may exceed 50 pounds.
99. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
99. Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
99. Must have minimum 20 / 100 near and far vision, correctable to 20 / 20.
99. Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depths.
99. Must be able to see imperfections, able to read, and interpret small print.
99. Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds by ear over telephone.
99. May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School graduate or equivalent.
99. Three (3) or more years’ experience in the maintenance, logistic, or security field.
99. Completion of associated weapons school for weapons support, have a logistical background, and / or physical security experience preferred.
99. Knowledge of maintenance, logistics, and / or physical security
99. Good verbal and written communications skills in English
99. Ability to read, write and interpret data
SUPERVISORY / BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES :
Clearance Level required at Start Date : NACI
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.