Installs, repairs, modifies, and opens a variety of lockingmechanisms found on doors, desks, compartments, mobile equipment, safes, andvaults.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES : Please list by order of priority and,if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all shouldequal 100%.
1. Making keys
2. Setting up and replacing cores
3. Overhauling, repairing and modifying vaults and safes
4. Opening locks that have become broken jammed or where thekeys or combinations have been lost.
5. Disassembles locks, such as padlocks, safe locks, anddoor locks, and repairs
6. Replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
7. Moves lockpick in cylinder to open door locks withoutkeys.
8. Inspect locks that appear to have been tampered with anddetermine how the locking system was last entered and report our outline in thePWS.
9. Conduct inspections upon request on vault locks and safelocks and combinated flat files to assist in determining if the safe can becertified for the security level it is to be used for.
10. Able to read and interpret Work Orders, parts requests,drawings / schematics / blueprints and manuals in order to accomplish assignedduties.
11. Maintain records as outlined the PWS.
12. Perform other duties as assigned in accordance withcontractual, functional, and mission requirements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Standard office equipment (Computer, phone, scanner),blueprints, drawings, models, variety of hand tools, portable power tools, locksmithtools.
Maybe required to operate a motor vehicle.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold,dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be requireddepending on contractual needs.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, teamlifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping,stretching, and bending.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may besubstituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School / GED and technical / apprenticeship training
Must possess current GSA certification to install, maintain,and repair the latest series of DoD approved combination locks in use byNCW.
Knowledge of Best Lock Software aplus.
Must be capable of giving and receiving instructions.
Must be fluent reading and speaking English.
Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a workenvironment
MaintenanceClearance Level required at Start Date : Secret
Yes, 5 % of the TimeWe are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual.
This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.