1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, accreditation requirements, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture, techniques using standard equipment to include vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
3. Collects blood specimens in appropriate tube for analysis and labels them appropriately. 4. Confer with patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation.
5. Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions.
6. Prepare, process, label and store patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by clinical laboratory staff.
7. Maintain inventory of supplies; reorder as required; stock supplies on carts and hand trays. 8. Instructs the patients for appropriate collection of blood, urine, stool and sputum specimens including special instructions in cases needing fasting, 24-hour collections, etc.
9. Responsible for maintaining a neat, orderly and clean workbench. 10. Requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
11. Participates in educational programs and in-service training programs. 12. Attends meetings as required. Job Details Posted Date : 2020-06-28Job Location : Al Kuwait, KuwaitJob Role : Medical, Healthcare, and NursingCompany Industry : Human Resources Preferred Candidate Career Level : Mid CareerDegree : Bachelor's degree