The Dietician monitors nutritional care, manages physician ordered therapeutic diets and provides nutritional education to patients.
Directs, supervises and coordinates diet office activities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Documents all relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients in accordance with departmental standards.
2. Performs nutritional assessments as determined. Requests patient food preferences and prepares patients diets on a daily basis.
3. Educates patients on long term nutritional care through individual discussions, group classes and community speaking engagements.
4. Writes modified diets and coordinates diet adaptations with house menus. Charts diets in medical records.
5. Serves as an educational resource to Nursing and Medical personnel.
6. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
7. Maintains department records and reports and files as required.
8. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives and quality assurance safety, environmental and infection control standards.
9. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
10. Attends health care team meetings regularly to discuss patient care needs.
11. Attends scheduled meetings for the improvement of patient care services and delivery, or as required.
12. Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- Internal Medicine.
Education : Bachelor’s Degree in Food & Nutritional Sciences.
Registration : From country of origin
Experience : Preferably3-5 years’ experience in Dietetics in multi-specialty secondary or tertiary care hospital setting.
Supervisory experience preferred. OTHER SKILLS :
Technical : Knowledge of diets for patients with different health problems such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary heart diseases, kidney problems etc.
Administrative Skills : Analytical and Decision Making skills; Attention to Details and Self Discipline .
Soft Skills : Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills : MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet Language Skills : Good in written and spoken English, and Arabic.
PHYSICAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
Works primarily in an air conditioned, well-lighted and comfortable health care facility. May be exposed to infections and patient elements.
Subject to unpredictable or crisis situations.
Split duty, straight and other combination of duty situation may be necessary.
Occasional prolonged standing / walking .