Louis Berger Services is currently seeking a full-time Air Freight Specialist / Lead for a position in Kuwait.
The ideal candidate will manage the operations and scheduling at the site to facilitate the maximization of resources (people, equipment, and time) to achieve customer satisfaction, schedule adherence, and financial goals under the guidance of the Project Manager.
1. Oversee the daily operations of the site to insure the requirements of the Performance Work Statement (PWS) are being met.
2. Interface with the operational activities at the location to maintain excellent communications with regard to upcoming deployments, exercises, logistical maneuvers, and other activities to ensure contractual requirements are met.
3. Ensure assigned personnel are properly trained and meet qualifications to competently perform their duties. Orient new personnel with regard to internal personnel requirements (i.
e. timekeeping, LBS policies, etc.), job specific duties, and location specific policies.
4. Plan and schedule site activities to optimize resources and facilities to meet the Performance Work Statement specifications.
5. Prepare and submit reports or other verifying documentation as required for both local and LBS requirements.
6. Maintain accurate records of time worked by employees and submit to LBS payroll as directed.
7. Ensure that personnel maintain required safety training and perform their functions meeting prescribed safety standards, maintaining compliance with contract language. Document as required.
8. Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the workforce assigned, communicating performance expectations, areas of accountability, training requirements, and feedback to employees on a regular basis.
Responsible for managing discipline issues in an appropriate manner in concert with LBS Operations and Human Resource personnel.
9. Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
10. Perform all other duties prescribed by management.
1. Must have five to ten years experience in a supervisory position with an understanding of how to manage personnel to effectively complete the requirements of the Performance Work Statement.
Years of supervisory experience may be substituted for education in business administration, management, or a related field.
2. Must be able to multi-task, working in a fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
3. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments.
May be working in a multicultural environment where knowledge of local customs and laws would be required. Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
4. Must have strong computer skills to be able to compose spreadsheets for a variety of purposes as well as effectively communicate through the written media.
Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise.
5. Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
6. Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
7. Must have a passport.
8. Must have an active Security Clearance and be able to maintain said clearance.
9. May be required to maintain physical standards specified by regulation for the area of assignment.
DESIRABLE SKILLS : The following are desirable skills for the position upon hire.
1. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required, demonstrated by the ability to create spreadsheets and other written communication.
2. Hands on technical knowledge of the requirements of the PWS is highly desirable, i.e. work experience in performing the tasks required in addition to having supervisory experience.
3. Required to have a passport.
4. Required to maintain a security clearance.
5. May be required to maintain physical standards specified by regulation for the area of assignment.