POSITION SUMMARY :
Data Center Storage Engineers support the enterprise storage infrastructure for all sites within the RCC-SWA Area of Responsibility and provide optimization, administration and technical documentation for the enterprise storage infrastructure.
DCSEs resolve enterprise-level change requests and act as the top-level of support escalation for all enterprise storage support issues.
Principal technical areas include NetApp, EMC, VMware, Windows DFS, Cisco UCS and other related storage, virtualization, networking, and monitoring technologies.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Enterprise-level support for NetApp CIFS, NFS, iSCSI and FC / FCoE storage presented to a wide array of systems including VMware ESXi, Unix, and Linux clients as well as Windows file services and desktop clients.
Periodic reports on storage capacity and utilization as well as system uptime and performance. Top-tier support for escalated issues and complex projects.
Daily monitoring of all enterprise storage for integrity, reliability, resource utilization and availability. Log review and issue reporting related to monitoring of temperature and overall storage health throughout the SWA AOR.
2. Experienced with VMware storage requirements, configuration, and provisioning. Proficient in planning, installation, configuration, and upgrades of the NetApp storage infrastructure.
The top-tier of support for storage projects and solutions for backup, disaster recovery, consolidation / de-duplication, data protection, performance, upgrades, and system audit tasks.
3. Documentation for Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) for configuring and managing storage, storage networks, and physical disks as well as data protection, access control, resource monitoring and management, storage high availability, fault tolerance and scalable storage infrastructure.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education : Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-
year bachelor's degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
Experience : At least five years of practical experience working with various data (network and system) technologies. Candidate must have a working knowledge of CIFS, NFS, FC and iSCSI protocols.
Hands on experience with NetApp On-Command System Manager and Data ONTAP command-line interface (CLI). Must have NetApp configuration and administration experience and understands NetApp replication technologies.
Experienced with FC / SAN switches and directors. Experienced with NetApp Data ONTAP configuration and tuning.Experienced with regular storage capacity planning and reporting.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DOD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :