POSITION SUMMARY :
The Active Directory (AD) ESM Systems Engineer III provides engineering and management support for all AD enterprise systems.
Active Directory System Engineers III support our Enterprise-class infrastructure in the RCC-SWA. RCC-SWA engineers provide optimization, administration, and technical documentation of all enterprise infrastructure systems.
Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation of support issues. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory architecture creation and management, system security and policy configuration, and top-
level support for enterprise-wide initiatives. The position will mentor Systems Engineers and Administrators, and be the primary support for problem escalation, reporting directly to the section team lead.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Produce enterprise-level support for Active Directory and Windows File Services for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment. Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in the resolution of escalated issues and complex production, application or system problems.
2. Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third-party software utilities for hardware systems within operational guidelines.
3. Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
4. Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
5. Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment
6. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
7. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
8. Experience with a customer service oriented company
9. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
10. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
11. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education : Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-
year bachelor's degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
Experience : Minimum of 5 years of experience in administrative, technical work, which demonstrated the ability and aptitudes, required to perform technical, managerial, or analytical work and coordination involving management information systems.
Platforms including a combination of the following : Microsoft, Networking services for Directory, DNS, DHCP for devices and users in a worldwide WAN.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :