For the OMDAC-SWACA Program, the Electrician Journeyman installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repair, operates and maintains electrical systems and components of electrical power distribution and generating equipment.
Performs operations and maintenance duties to maintain power to telecommunications equipment and maintains the facility’s physical electrical distribution system in good repair.
Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and functions under his general direction. Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Troubleshoots and repairs wire circuits including electrical equipment such as distribution panels, transformers, motor control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices and supporting electrical wiring distribution systems.
2. Connects electrical distribution systems for remote locations to on-site electrical generating equipment such as diesel generator sets and electrical distribution switchgear to include installation of panel boards, branch circuits, breakers, switches, conduit, and wiring.
3. Provides technical support functions to UPS, Generators, and HVACs.
4. Responsible for inspection and maintenance of all electrical systems to include electrical appliances and outlets (to include GFI circuits, emergency lighting, and central fire alarm systems).
5. Performs start / run operational inspections on generator sets and full load / facility load tests, routine operational checks of all electrical switch-gear, power cabling, and transformers.
working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
7. Diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
8. Working knowledge of Exterior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior Secondary Power Distribution, Interior, Exterior, Perimeter and Area Lighting, Access Control System, Lightning Protection System, Grounding Systems.
9. Knowledge of MIL Standards and DOD customers is required. Must have excellent communications skills.
10. Experience with generator produced power and switching systems producing up to 380v.
11. Familiarity with the British electrical code and connectors.
12. Familiarity with Facility UPSs and smaller, rack mountable UPSs.
13. Familiarity with HVAC electrical systems
14. Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Personal computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, and other general office equipment.
Will use a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Work is in an operational environment in Southwest Asia. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Duty location is subject to both extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Must be able to meet physical fitness requirements to be deemed fit for duty and will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.
g., helmet, body armor, fire-retardant clothing, hard hats, etc)). Estimated travel within theater is 60%. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : Two years related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school education or equivalent. Accredited professional trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship program.
Possess a State Journeyman Electrician card.
At least 5-7 years work experience in the electrical wiring industry, which shall include experience in planning, laying out, and installing electrical distribution systems in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC), and shall have been under the direct supervision of a qualifying electrician for a licensed electrical contractor.
Electrical work experience shall include electrical installation in commercial and industrial categories. No more than 75% of the experience may be in any one category.
Management / supervisory experience desired.
Working knowledge of electrical systems including secondary distribution and interior systems to start with and include the facility service entrance conductors beginning at the low voltage side of the transformer.
Hands on experience of accepted trade practices which involve electrical circuits, power cables, controls, motors, bending of conduit, etc.
Hands on experience of tools, test equipment, and materials involved in electrical work, and the ability to read blue prints, produce basic single line diagrams and rough shop drawings.
MaintenanceClearance Level required at Start Date : Secret
Full-timeWe are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual.
This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.