TASK DESCRIPTION :
This position is located in the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) Organizational Level (O-Level) Maintenance Activity at Ahmed Al-Jaber Air Base to provide contract maintenance services relating to the operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, modification and repair of the F / A-18 weapons systems.
TASK REQUIREMENT :
1. Perform daily inspections and turnaround inspection in conjunction with assisting others performing O-Level maintenance.
2. Assist pilots in flight preparation and be capable of advising them of the material condition of the aircraft.
3. Be responsible for the cleanliness and prevention of corrosion on the aircraft by pursuing an effective and continual preventative maintenance program.
4. Perform work required and assist on phase inspections, special inspections, and conditional inspections as required.
5. Be thoroughly familiar with and demonstrate knowledge of the aircraft cockpit, ejection seats, controls, systems, starting, and ground turn-
up and handling procedures.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the ordnance and armament equipment installed in or on the aircraft to the extent necessary to ensure, during daily inspections and turnaround inspections, armament, ejection seat, and other Cartridge Activated Devices are in a safe and ready condition.
7. Be thoroughly familiar with fueling and defueling procedures; have a complete knowledge of applicable safety instructions and demonstrate the ability to understand and comply with them.
8. Show knowledge of the content and be able to use the technical publications necessary for proper servicing and maintenance of the aircraft.
When taking oil samples, servicing, and performing maintenance on the engine systems be fully aware of the importance of correctly documenting oil consumption and procedures to be followed when high oil consumption is suspected.
9. Know how and when to use the methods of aircraft security required for various weather conditions and demonstrate such knowledge.
Particular attention should be given to the security of control surfaces and the correct points for attaching tie-downs.
10. Demonstrate a complete knowledge of procedures for riding brakes and any peculiarities of the brake system of the assigned aircraft.
11. Demonstrate a complete knowledge of the standard hand and wand signals, including those signals used for controlling aircraft ashore.
12. Account for each tool prior to and after launch, recovery, and turn-up operation of assigned aircraft.
13. Conduct a Foreign Object Damage inspection of assigned aircraft ducts, engine cavities, and surrounding areas for prelaunch, postlaunch, and maintenance turns.
14. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and testing of the
GE-F404-402 engine, fuel and related systems.