POSITION SUMMARY :
Data Center Network Engineers support the Enterprise-class infrastructure of the RCC-SWA. RCC-SWA engineers provide optimization, administration, and technical documentation of all enterprise infrastructure systems.
Additionally, engineers resolve and appropriately complete assigned cases and change requests while acting as an escalation point for troubleshooting issues.
The core infrastructure technology duties include an in-depth understanding of Cisco’s Nexus switching, ASR routing, and UCS compute platforms, Big IP’s F5 Application Delivery Controllers, and lifecycle management planning.
The MCF is managed by the RCC-SWA and provides enterprise Information Technology (IT) services to approved Army customers.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Produce enterprise-level support for a dynamic and large-scale networking infrastructure from the perspective of service origination in the data center, as well as service delivery in the global transport architecture.
Provide expert level knowledge of data center infrastructure hardware such as Nexus 5500 / 5000 / 3500, Fabric Extenders, F5 ADCs, UCS chassis’ and UCS Fabric Interconnects.
Along with assuming the expert role in regard to vPC, FCoE, Catalyst VSS, MPLS L3VPN, eBGP / iBGP, OSPF / EIGRP, DMVPN, FlexPod design philosophy, among other tunneling and data center-
centric technologies. While also offering a basic understanding of VMware’s vSphere infrastructure and the virtual networking components for troubleshooting purposes.
2. Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the data center environment are primary roles in this position.
Provides change control and engages Cisco TAC for issues, modifications and best practices when needed. Monitors availability and reliability of the data center network and supported infrastructure utilizing Spectrum and Orion Solarwinds.
Executes engineering best practices in network builds, integration, testing, and documentation while adhering to security fundamentals provided by DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
3. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
4. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
5. Experience with a customer service oriented company
6. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
7. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education : Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-
year bachelor's degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
5) experience with VPN technologies; (6) a solid background with TCP / IP and must be able to troubleshoot all supported network protocols.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :