POSITION SUMMARY :
The Systems Administrator operations and maintains Personal Digital Assistants (PDA’s) managed by US ARCENT. BlackBerry Administrators are responsible for administering and monitoring the BlackBerry user community and associated applications between Microsoft Exchange and BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
BlackBerry administrators should be proficient in BlackBerry application support, mobile user support, mail operation and maintenance, Active Directory, Windows 2003 / 2008, and BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1.Operate and Maintain (O&M), re-install, configure, and support all CAC enabled multi-function printers and digital-senders USARCENT G6 for the Forward Command at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
2. Provide Level I and Level II systems administration support.There are currently five enterprise servers.
3. Provide support for PDA / Blackberry handheld devices distributed / issued by the USARCENT G6 Staff / Command (TCO) (Telecommunication Officer).
The PDAs are supported by the DISA Blackberry Enterprise exchange server.
4. Provide installation, configuration and activation of PDA / Blackberry devices and any associated peripherals such as Bluetooth Common Access Card (CAC) readers used to digitally sign and encrypt / decrypt e-mail messages.
5. Provide installation updates required in conjunction with PDA / Blackberry CAC reader software / devices.
6. Provide publication and keep current Blackberry activation instructions, Blackberry CAC reader installation and configurations instructions, user's How To guides, and FAQs list.
Instructions and FAQs must be written to accommodate the end-user level of technical proficiency.
7.Update and maintain a current list of total Blackberry users residing on the server.Provide an updated list upon request to the COR.
8. Maintain a current list of on hand PDA / Blackberry devices, accessories (CAC readers / sleeves), licenses and users.
9. Comply with all Department of Army and local command instructions and standard operating procedures for PDAs. The government will provide all required policy and guidance.
10. Reportall Blackberry / PDA service outages and service degradations to the TCO.
11. Assist the Command TCO with service and support for commercial, non- tactical cellular phones.
12. Provide support for PDA / Blackberry handheld devices distributed / issued by the USARCENT G6 Staff / TCO. Assist with installing, configuring and activation of all PDA / Blackberry devices and any associated peripherals such as Bluetooth CAC readers used to digitally sign and encrypt / decrypt e-mail messages.
13. Assist with installing updates required in conjunction with PDA / Blackberry CAC reader software / devices.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100 F. Candidate must be able to physically withstand extreme heat.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Education : Associates Degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related field.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :
IAT Level : IAT II
Baseline : CASP, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GSEC, GCED, GCIH, SecurityCE :