POSITION SUMMARY :
The Information Assurance Analyst is responsible for providing key government personnel with policy coordination and interpretation support, general information security support, and assisting with the development and implementation of a defensive security program that protects information systems and documents.
Additionally, the individual is responsible for ensuring and documenting that all systems are regularly scanned and audited in accordance with applicable DoD policy and procedures, and that incidents are documented and accounted for as necessary through leadership.
Will employ network scanning tools such as ACAS, SCCM, AV, etc., to detect system and network vulnerabilities / deficiencies, as part of a proactive network security policy.
Utilizes skills to determine if requisite cyber security patches and remediation procedures have been applied per IAVA requirements.
Will provide daily status on findings and recommendations and provide follow-on written technical analyses.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Responsible for providing key government personnel with policy coordination and interpretation support, general information security support, and assisting with the development and implementation of a defensive security program that protects information systems and documents.
2. Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all systems are regularly scanned and audited in accordance with applicable DOD policy and procedures, and that incidents are documented and accounted for as necessary through leadership.
3. Maintains a database to track trends, unauthorized activities, and common practice procedures and remedies to be followed by subordinate units in correcting deficiencies identified during information assurance vulnerability compliance visits.
4. Employs network scanning tools such as ACAS, QTIP, and SCCM etc., to detect system and network vulnerabilities / deficiencies as part of a proactive network security policy.
5. Provides daily status on findings and recommendations and provides follow-on written technical analyses and reports.
6. Provides 24 / 7 Anti-Virus and IAVA reporting, to include review of logs, open tickets, and recommended process for remediation.
7. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Personal computer, scanner and other standard office equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100 F. Candidate must be able to physically withstand extreme heat.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Education : High School diploma required. Two years of college or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience : The Information Assurance Analyst I position is required to be an expert in all functions of both IAT Level I and IAT Level II positions relating to information assurance tools used on the enterprise environment.
The Information Assurance Analyst I must be able to apply extensive knowledge of a variety of the IA field’s concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure the secure integration and operation of all enclave systems (NIPR, SIPR, etc.
Must be able to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals for the enclave environment. Must have at least three years of practical experience in working with Windows Server 2008 or higher, operating systems (OS) and Active Directory tools.
Must have a basic understanding of networking.
Requirements : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :
IAT Level : IAT II
Baseline : CASP, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GICSP, GSEC, GCED, GCIH, Security CE, SSCP