POSITION SUMMARY :
Network Management Engineers support Enterprise-class network management applications CA Spectrum, CA eHealth and SolarWinds in the RCC-
SWA. RCC-SWA engineers provide optimization, administration, and technical documentation of all enterprise network management systems.
Resolves and appropriately completes assigned support tickets and acts as an escalation point for network management application support issues.
The core network management duties include installation and upgrades of enterprise network management application software, development, and updates of network topology views and dashboards, application account administration, development of network performance reports and customization of the network management applications.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Produce enterprise-level support for network management and monitoring within the RCC-SWA area of responsibility.
2. Serves as escalation point for support and troubleshooting of CA Spectrum and CA eHealth.
3. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the availability of all network management applications, key processes and services, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs and reports.
4. Develop and produce required network utilization, performance, and inventory reports.
5. Install, configure, and maintain Network Management application software and servers within operational guidelines and compliance requirements.
6. Maintain DISA STIG Compliancy of network management applications and hosting servers as well as execute OPORDS in support of NETCOM initiatives.
7. Create and maintain system documentation for network management tools, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
8. Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment
9. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
10. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
11. Experience with a customer service oriented company
12. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
13. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
14. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education : Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-
year Bachelors Degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
Experience : Must have at least five years of practical experience working with SNMP based applications running on the Linux RedHat andWindows Server 2012 r2 platform.
Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable working in a fast-
paced, deadline-oriented work environment. Experience with a customer service oriented company within a DoD environment is a plus.
Experience with CA Technologies Spectrum and eHealth applications and / or SolarWinds strongly desired.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :