POSITION SUMMARY :
The Exchange Systems Engineer II supports the warfighter in a multinational coalition environment across Southwest Asia in a highly demanding environment.
The candidate must be able to work well under pressure. He or she must provide continuous service improvement through optimization and maintenance of the Exchange team’s assets, which include servers, load balancers, and anti-
spam and various other appliances. He or she will also work to document the environment as required by the contract. In this position, the candidate will also work cases assigned to him as a final tier of support and troubleshooting client issues.
The candidate will work with other teams and should, therefore, possess a fundamental understanding of networking and antivirus technologies.
Key core technologies are Exchange Server 2010 / 2016, Kemp Load Balancers, and Cisco IronPort.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. The candidate will provide enterprise-level support and troubleshooting for end users through working with other lower level administrators.
Perform root cause analysis on problems related to Exchange Server technologies, which includes working with other teams from other sections.
Perform daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring tasks to verify integrity and availability of the Exchange application. Knowledge of PowerShell scripting in this area is a must.
Install, maintain, and configure Exchange servers, databases, database availability groups. Review event logs and verify completion of normal tasks.
The candidate must think critically to correctly arrive at the definition of a problem so as to solve it.
2. Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment
3. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
4. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
5. Experience with a customer service oriented company
6. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
7. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
8. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education : Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field.
One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-
year bachelor's degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
Experience : At least five years of practical experience working with current Windows Server OS, Active Directory and Exchange Server 2010 or higher.
Must have an advanced understanding of Active Directory design, configuration, and administration. Candidate must possess an exceptional understanding of Enterprise Messaging principles and their application within an Active Directory Environment.
Must have an advanced understanding of the transport pipeline, mail flow, and mail tracking. Must be proficient in Microsoft Clustering technologies within Exchange.
Experience with Microsoft Identity Management 2016 is considered a plus.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :