POSITION SUMMARY :
Un de rthe supervision of the Automotive Maintenance Supervisor,performsfullrangeoffieldlevelmaintenanceon the Stryker family of vehicles (M1126 Infantry Carrier Vehicle, M1127 ReconVehicle, M1128 Mobile Gun System (MGS), M1129 Mortar Carrier, M1130 Commander’sVehicle (CV), M1131 Fire Support Vehicle (FSV), M1132 Engineer Support Vehicle(ESV), M1133 Medical Evacuation Vehicle (MEV), M1134 Anti-
Tank Guided Missile(ATGM), and M1135 NBC Recon Vehicle (NBCRV).
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1.Diagnosesand troubleshoots malfunctions, performs field level maintenance on theengines, transmissions and power train major assemblies and components,vehicular mounted environmental control systems, fuel system components,suspension systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, fireextinguisher / suppression systems, vehicular mounted armament, gun turret drivesystem and the fire control system on the Stryker family of vehicles.
2. Te s tdrivevehicles,andtestcomponentsandsystems,usingequipmentsuchasinfraredengineanalyzers,compressiongauges,computerizeddiagnosticdevices.
3.Use,maintain and hand and shop power tools .
4. Fo l l o w srepairprocedures,usingcharts,andtechnicalmanuals.
5. Te s t sandadjustsrepairedsystemstomeetmilitaryperformancespecifications.
7. D i sassembleunitsandinspectpartsforwear,usingmicrometers,calipers,andgauges.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED :
secure handheld radio sets; non-tacticalvehicles.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Work is generally conducted in ashop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doorsarea with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited tohead, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
Must comply with OSHA, EPA, and Fire Regulations and published company workrules.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Work will require heavy lifting,stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with orin areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical orbiological agents.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
1.HighSchool graduate or equivalent with training in equipment maintenance andmanagement procedures at the Field / Sustainment Level of maintenance.
2.ApprenticeshipinLight / HeavyAutomobileRepair,AutomotiveMechanicorsimilarpreferred.
3.MOS91S or equivalent military training preferred (DD 214 or Certificate ofTraining required to validate training).
4.A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtaina U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Kuwait Heavy Driver’sLicense.
5.HAZMAT Handling / Transportation Training desired.
6.608 / 609 certification preferred
2. A p p roximatelythree(3)yearsofhandsonexperience as aHeavyEquipmentMechanicwithoneyearatfield / sustainmentmaintenance levelofmaintenance.
3. E xperiencemaintaining Stryker family of tactical wheeled vehicles.
2. F amiliarwiththeuseofmilitaryelectronicor paper versiontechnicalmanuals.
3.Abilitytoread, analyzes, understand and interprets blueprints, schematics, wiringdiagrams, reports technical publications and documents.
4. T h eabilitytotroubleshoot,determiningcausesofoperatingerrorsanddecidingwhattodoaboutit.
6.Abilityto work in a diverse workforce.
7. R e q u i r e sacollaborativeworkstyle,fosteringcooperation,andteamwork.
9.Knowledgeable of the Army Maintenance ManagementPrinciples and Standards.
10.Knowledgeableof physical security of government issued equipment.
11.Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; must becustomer-oriented and diverse.
12.Abilityto handle confidential company and employee information with completediscretion.
13.Abilityto work effectively with employees and management of all levels to includemulti-national staff, superiors, and ranking military officers andnon-commissioned officers.
14. Mu s thavegoodunderstandingintheuseofMSOfficeotherrelatedapplications.
SUPERVISORY / BUDGETRESPONSIBILITIES :